Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sewcation Procratination

I declared this weekend a Sewcation, and planned to spend as much time as possible in my sewing room.  I even stocked up on a few bottles of wine!  Sounds like a dream eh, and I've been looking forward to it all week.

SO WHY HAVE I BEEN AVOIDING THE ROOM LIKE IT CONTAINS A FLEET OF ZOMBIES?!  I even have this pretty top all cut out and ready to sew, that's been sitting in the bottom of a basic for who knows how long.

Does anyone else procrastinate from sewing when you dedicate a chunk of time to do it?  Or is sewing only for times when you need to procrastinate from something else?

LOOK I'M EVEN DOING IT NOW.  Sitting in my sewing room, blogging instead of sewing.  ARGH GET UR BUTT IN FRONT OF THAT MACHINE MISSY!

8 comments:

  1. I do it too. I don't know why it happens, but I tend not to sew anyway as it usually turns to custard and reinforces my negativity at the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not good. I usually find if I push myself to just get going on it, it'll start to go fine. I just get...weird about starting.

      Delete
    2. A much better approach, since actual SEWING results from it hehe. Still, I now have a tidy studio, and two shirts cut out, which is good, but compared to actually have several shirts made and ready t deliver, not so good... lesigh

      Delete
  2. Yeah, it happens to me too. In my case I think it is because of perfectionism paralysis. Don't know what your problem is. 8-D It really annoys me when it happens though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just from The Family of Procrastinators. Seriously, we're awful. Using sewing as procrastination - I can sew all day! Dedicate time to sewing - I'll go clean the bathroom or something else equally stupid. It's just a matter of forcing myself to focus. I shut the room door, cranked up the heat (so I'll stop using the 'IT'S TOO COLD IN HERE TO SEW' excuse, and put on Pride and Prejudice to distract me from boredom and occupy the computer (so I can't just go online).

      It seemed to work - I just have hems to do on the top - but then a friend talked me into going to a play, so there went that. It was a good play though, so I have no regrets!

      Delete
    2. old joke about procrastinators.

      There is a Procrastinators of America Club. They have 100 official members but there are about a million members who haven't gotten around to joining yet. I know it's bad, but sooo true.

      Delete
  3. I love that fabric, go make the dang thing! I do this for the gym as well. When I have lots of time I don't go, when I can;t go all I can think is how much I'd like to. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHA I DO THAT WITH THE GYM TOO. Aww I didn't recognize that before you mentioned it. lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...