Monday, May 13, 2013

(Nearly) Finished Project: Hockey Sweater


Look what I knit during this rotation in camp!  I just need to pick up some big brown (or green, if I can match the colour) buttons and my boyfriend's nephew's birthday present is done!  Let's hope it fits the little guy on his first birthday. 



The parents are big hockey fans, so I knit a thicker band of brown and duplicate stitched on a crossed hockey stick and puck motif I made up.  The sticks are a little short, but I like it anyways.

I'm itching so badly to sew, I'm considering going to the medic to get some itch cream.  Sadly, I'm not going to have any time to sew next time out as I'm off to a conference back home in Manitoba.  YAY SCIENCE, FRIENDS, AND FAMILY!  Boo no sewing time.  BUT YAY FOR SHOPPING!!!  

Happy stitching all!

11 comments:

  1. That little hockey sweater is adorable. I'm sure his parents are going to flip over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize that I should've done this in Jets colours, but oh well. :)

      Delete
    2. It would be cute in blue and white! Don't hate me but I was rooting for the Leafs. I think I sobbed in my pillow last night....

      Delete
    3. Jets are my team, but I was rooting for the Leafs last night too. So tragic. :(

      Delete
  2. Didn't you just start knitting a little while ago? Wow, colour me dazzled and annoyed. I never got past the knitting scarves badly stage.

    Gorgeous sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned to knit last July, so nearly a year ago! Wow, doesn't seem that long ago. I've never been very good at starting small with new projects. Scarves are boring. :D

      Delete
    2. Not even a year? I didn't think I could be more impressed with at adorable sweater. But I am extremely impressed. Actually, I'm in awe.

      Delete
  3. Wow that is sooo cool! I hope you find some fab buttons for it. He's a lucky little fellow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't want anything too fancy for the buttons - don't want to take away from the design. Big brown or green plastic buttons would do just fine, I think. :)

      Delete
  4. That is so cute! I love the stripes and the colourwork motif. You are a very talented lady :) Enjoy your shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 year at knitting and you're producing stuff like this in two weeks?!? You're amazing! That is just cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...