Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wooly Coat: The End is Nigh!

Sadly, this post will have no photos, because I've misplaced my camera. I'm procrastinating from my coat though, so VOILA BORING POST!

But I thought I'd let you know on the progress of this bloody coat. I've named it the wooly coat, but I suspect bloody would be more appropriate, especially considering how many times I've drawn blood with all the pinning and trying it on mostly pinned.

Last thing you heard, I had the shell together, but it didn't fit quite right. I took in the back along the princess seams 1/2 inch each, and also the underarm seam on the sleeves. I think the fit is much better, and I didn't mess it up at all! I'd love to show you, but oops, no camera. *facepalm*

I've since attached the collar, which looks amazing, but you'll have to take my word for that, too. Today, I'm putting together the lining, and I'm nearly done. Just need to sew together the sleeves and attach them to the lining body. I love raglan sleeves; so much easier to attach!

I'm considering sewing on an inside pocket, but I can decide whether to do a patch pocket or a zippered welt-like pocket. Or maybe a zippered patch pocket!

I want this coat done, and I think I can finish it this weekend. I think? I hope.

Sorry for the lack of photos. I suspect I'll be off to buy a camera tomorrow, because even when I find mine, it's really on it's last legs.

Alright, back to work. Wish me luck! Happy sewing all.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! It's really frustrating when you get to that point where you've been sewing on something for ages and you just want it DONE, isn't it? But I hope it goes quickly for you. Also, zippered patch pocket sounds fun! And easier than a welt pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I know. Thankfully, this coat really does come together quickly. It's just the many layers that take forever to deal with. I'm bagging the lining as we speak (although I still have to deal with the sleeve hem, which I'm still uncertain of).

      And I opted out of an inside pocket afterall, just because I didn't want to add bulk anywhere in the front. Next time!

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog, and love the coat - what a gorgeous colour. Looking forward to seeing it finished, as I am sure you are as well!!! Off to have a peak around your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you got it done, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...