Sunday, January 29, 2012

Paint Day!

My sewing day today was a complete bust. Seriously, nothing has gone right, so I made the executive decision to change Sewing Day to Paint Day.

I've been itching to work on my home decor anyways.

So I've been accumulating low-priced wood frames from thrift stores for a while now with the intention to do some sort of artwork for my living room walls. But I've been stalled on what to put in the frames.

Then Tanit-Isis wrote a post about the sudden increase in her lace collection, and between the pretties she shared and ElleC's comments on the post, I had an Inspiration!

These are my frames, all painted the same colour to make the different shapes more cohesive. Add fabric backing and some pretty lace, and voila! Instant (and inexpensive) artwork for my walls!

Never mind a chance to use some of the lace that I love and have no idea what to do with. :)

4 comments:

  1. I have been trying to find the lace art thingys I made ever since you commented on my comment, but I can't find the damn things. Somewhere in the sewing dungeon. I am really looking forward to what you are going to do based just on my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So late posting to this! Totally love your concept and can't wait to see what it looks like when finished! I used to hate lace as a kid....now I love the nice stuff. I suspect lots of needlework has led to an appreciation of intricate things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...