Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another "I WANT THIS" Moment

No sewing of late due to a major upcoming thesis deadline, but that hasn't stopped me from stalking reading my favourite sewing blogs! Just before succumbing to the flu a few days ago, I came across some amazing inspiration at Snuzal Sews. She found this drop-dead amazing dress in a post on Colette Patterns Blog, and I WANT IT.

It would probably make my *ahem* ample bottom look even more so, but I can't bring myself to care. Luckily Snuzal wants to attempt this dress, so maybe by the time my thesis is over and I have a life and time to sew again, I can ride on her coattails once she figures out just how to do it! Wouldn't it be pretty in some shade of grey?


Okay, back to thesising for me. Happy sewing all!

2 comments:

  1. Ha. Now, I think when we finally meet one day, we should both be wearing this.
    It's funny, I was thinking of it either in a nice matte grey silk, or a faded pale green.
    I'm not quite sure how to achieve it, well I know how, but with no knowledge of pattern making, I'm a bit stuffed! Haha.

    Hope you're improving from the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then that day will have to be far into the future, because I don't think I'm anywhere near ready to make something like this yet. BUT WAIT! You didn't say they had to be successful dresses... :D

    Maybe we need to start tempting some of the other, more experience pattern making bloggers. Ride on their coattails!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...